Sunday, January 29, 2006

Coo Coo for Coco Crisp

I'm not really that excited about him, its just a cool title. If you haven't heard yet, the Sox picked up Coco Crisp from the Indians. He will replace outfielder Johnny Damon in Centerfield and will probably be hitting leadoff. He hit 300 last year with 16 home runs. He's fast, young, and he has improved as a player every year since entering the big leagues.
The more I think about it, the more excited I get about the 2006 team. I think Theo and Co. are heading in the right direction. We've got good starting pitching: Arroyo, Wakefield, Schilling, Beckett, Clement, and possibly Wells. We've got an excellent bullpen: Timlin, Tavarez, Papelbon, Riske, and a hopefully healthy Foulke. We still have Tek behind the plate, Nixon in right, Manny in left, and Papi hitting DH. I'm also excited about Loretta, Grafanino, Lowell, Youk, and JT Snow. Defense and pitching wins championships. With a few aces, a great pen, and a good defense, I think we got a good shot. This could be the year. At least I hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chad,
Love the new house! Can't wait for you to invite me and Aunt Kathy up to visit........just kidding.

Uncle Stann

Anonymous said...

I am proud for you two with your newest investment.

Cousin Farrell