Sunday, May 28, 2006

Funny shirt and an etiquette question


Isn't this a great T-shirt? I found it on chowdaheadz.com. There were a few other Yankees shirts that aren't appropriate, but they're still funny. By the way, those of you going to the Sox-Braves game June 17th, chowdaheadz is a great place to get your Red Sox apparel.

I read an article a few days ago by Bill Simmons on ESPN.com. A reader wrote him a question about etiquette at a baseball game. His response was: "You only have eight responsibilities during a baseball game: Take your hat off for the National Anthem; don't take your shirt off; don't bring your baseball glove if you're over 13; don't wear a jersey with your own name on it; don't run onto the field; don't reach into the field of play to grab a pop-up or ground ball if it could adversely affect your team; don't boo one of your own players unless it's absolutely warranted; and don't throw up. That's it. Everything else is up to you. " I've often thought about the glove comment. I have to agree with him. If you're too old to be in little league, you ought to be able to catch the ball with your bare hands. But thats just me. I'd never do it, but I'm not going to stick my nose up at anyone who does. I'd also have to add a few items: don't curse a lot (especially when kids are around); don't spill your beer/coke on others; and don't stand up if your the only person doing it. But thats just me.

No comments: