Sunday, April 29, 2007

Feelin' a Bit Drafty

I don't understand what is so great about the NFL draft. I love football. I love the Pro's, college, high school, and even arena league; but I don't understand the hoopla surrounding Selection Saturday. My friend Jim said he would be in front of the TV all day watching it. I on the other hand, had better things to do. We even had a list of things we were going to get done. Nothing better than a productive Saturday right?

Well, then the draft started. We figured we'd wait around to see who the first pick would be, then take off to do our errands. LSU's Russell got picked first. Then I thought I'd like to see what happens when Calvin gets picked. He seems like such a good guy. Then, I wanted to know where Brady Quinn would end up. 4-1/2 hours later, we quit watching; not because we wanted to, but because we had promised another couple we'd babysit for them. Do I understand why I enjoyed it? No. Was I completely entertained the entire afternoon? Yes. Will I watch it again next year? Nah, I'll probably just see who gets picked first then go run some errands.

In other news:

A-rod just grounded into a double play with the tying run on first in the bottom of the eighth. Hee Hee Hee

The entire defensive line of Florida got drafted. Even the guy that got kicked off the team half way through the season for drugs.

The Patriots just picked up Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. I'm worried. I think it was a great deal, but I'm still worried. I'm afraid Moss is a time bomb, but I'm continually amazed by Belichick's ability to take trouble makers and make them model citizens.

My 2 favorite teams (Sox and Braves) are in first place in their respective divisions.

Papelbon just got another save. The empire has lost 7 of their last 8. I'm giggling inside.

No comments: