Friday, February 10, 2006

Ramblin Man

It is now day 41 here at the Residence Inn. Looking back over the past five years, I've lived in three different states, 10 different houses/apartments/hotels, and I'm still not home yet. We're closing on our new house on the 28th of February. I guess we'll be settled in after that. I can't really remember what that feels like. I haven't lived anywhere for more than a year since I was in High School. I always figured I'd be the type to settle down somewhere and never leave. I wonder if that will ever be me. I think it will finally happen here in Columbus, but that was what I thought in Anniston too, and Jacksonville, and West Palm Beach. I'm surprisingly very happy where I'm at right now. That probably has something to do with the girl sitting across the room from me watching the Olympics (GO USA!). I know I could think of a few things going wrong right now, but there are so many good things in my life right now. I've got a wonderful wife, a great dog, a good job. I have an awesome Church/Pastor/Church family. I root for an excellent baseball team. Ryan's finally breaking up with Marissa (hopefully). Life is good.

No comments: