Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Fairwell Mr. Nixon

It is so difficult to have a favorite player. While watching the Red Sox around 2002, I really enjoyed the way their right fielder played. Trot Nixon was awesome. He always played hard. He got hurt a lot, but tried to play through it so I know he was tough. He had the nastiest hat in the league. The sweat stains were disgusting. He also pulled off the cool foo man choo (did I spell that right) around 2005. His contract ran out this year and the Sox failed to re-sign him. I heard they hardly even made an offer. It was obvious they were heading in another direction. Now, they still haven't got a right fielder, and the guy there after doesn't have much better numbers. Trot signed with Cleveland last week for 3 million/year. I think its a shame. There are very few players left now from the 04 Champs. And now my favorite one is gone. I'll still pull for him, except when he is playing against the Sox. I hope he has a career year this year.

But now who do I pick as a favorite? I don't want to go with Manny or Papi, because thats who everybody picks. I like Schilling, but I'd rather pick an every day player. I think my pick would have been Loretta, but they let him go too. I looked at their current roster this morning and I can't believe I forgot about this guy. I'm going with the Greek God of Walks, Kevin YoUUUUUUUUUUUkulis. I like him because he's a little bit chunky, and I can relate to that. He's smart. He hustles. You never here about him whining. And he's the Greek God of Walks.

I miss baseball. April can't get here soon enough.

In other news, a lady told me congratulations yesterday on my team's championship, when she saw my gator hat. I had a big smile on my face when I asked her which one, football or basketball. It sure is great to be a Florida Gator.

No comments: