Monday, February 05, 2007

Got the Fence Post Blues

I hate paying other people to do things I know I could probably do myself for 1/2 the cost. When I finish the projects though, I usually say I'll never do anything like that again, until the next project roles around.

The newest way I've found to torture myself is putting up a 6 foot privacy fence in my back yard. The dog doesn't like going to the bathroom without one of us being out there with her, you know, for support. Fred Sanford also decided to buy the house catecorner to our property, not right behind us, but to the left of that house. So me and a friend from work started digging holes on Saturday. Digging the holes was easy, thanks to the cool auger we rented. Putting the posts in straight and getting them lined up is tough. Oh, and I don't care if I ever see another 80 lb. bag of concrete. My friend had to leave at about 3:00 in the afternoon so I was left with Chrissy helping me out. She did a great job, but I think I ended up getting her sick. She helped me Sunday after church too. About 5:00 Sunday, we got all the posts in the ground. I'm going to wait a few days for the concrete to harden and then I'll put the panels up. I'll put some pictures up when its finished. I know there is nothing more exciting than looking at pictures of a fence, but I'll be proud of it; and I'll never do anything like this again.

No comments: