Saturday, December 17, 2005

New Baby, Allegories, Pats, and the best Real Estate Agent Ever

(We didn't sell the house)

Not So Deep Thoughts by Chad McLeod

1. Congratulations to Mitch and Jawan on the birth of their second kid. To see pictures of the newest Mcginnis, check out Jawan's blog under Links on the left side of the screen.

2. Go see The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Awesome movie. Only one question, what's up with Santa Claus making a cameo? I don't remember that being in the book. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. Lewis (the author of the book the movie is based on) was a genious. I also learned a new word from Chrissy because of this movie. According to Webster, an allegory is the representation of abstract ideas or principles by characters, figures, or events in narrative, dramatic, or pictorial form. The movie/book is an allegory of Jesus. It was PG too so its OK for the kiddies.

3. How 'bout them Pats. Last time I wrote a blog about them, they got whooped by Peyton Manning and Co. so if they get killed in their next game, sorry Pat's fans, I shouldn't have said anything. I just caught the last 30 minutes of the Patriot's dismantiling of the Tampa Bay Bucs. Looks like they're back. Do I think they're better than the Colts? No way. Do I think they could beat the Colts in the playoffs? I think so. Some may call me optomistic, just don't call me late for dinner. If anyone could stop the Colts, I'd put my money on the Pats in Indy. Wouldn't be shocked if it was the Seahawks either.

4. Still haven't sold the house, but had a good reminder from my brother in law this afternoon. He said when you're trusting in God and praying about something like this, its kind of like Jesus is your real estate agent. It's a good feeling to know He is in control; especially for a worry wart like me.

No comments: