Sunday, October 21, 2007

Can't Sleep

Warning: Rambling Ahead. Don't read past the 2nd paragraph, its not worth your time. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Can't sleep. It's 2:55 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Good thing tomorrow's Sunday. Church starts a lot later than work. Thought I'd do something productive since I've already seen Sportscenter 3 times, College Football twice, and the Red Sox highlights 3 times.

My Uncle sent me this great website that will give you a little insight into which politician agrees with you on the big issues. I mostly agree with Barack Obama. Just kidding. I'm actually closest to John McCain. This is the 3rd time I've taken the test. The first 2, I was closest to Duncan Hunter. After thinking through things a little more, I took the test again and I'm closest to McCain. There were a few things I wasn't sure about:

What do we do with Iraq? I say decentralize it by dividing the country into 3 different regions, but I also say stay as long as it takes to get Iraqi forces to take over.

Just found out Max McGee died (famous Green Bay Packer). He fell off his roof while trying to blow off the leaves. My builder wanted to keep this big tree in our front yard, halfway hanging over our house. I told him to cut it down. I don't want to deal with all those stinkin leaves. If Max McGee would have cut down the trees hanging over his roof, he'd still be alive..... Food for thought.

What about immigration? Should employers get stiff fines for hiring illegals? I definitely want a fence, and no legal status given to illegals. I have to say though, my best subcontractor is a mostly hispanic group and they do a darn good job. Maybe we could make exceptions for really good masons. We could have a wall building test and everything.

I think the one I'm the most unsure of is the energy part. Should federal assistance be given for the production of alternative fuels? I hate the idea of having to rely on oil from other countries. I'd love to give farmers another customer as well. Just think, corn nuggets and gas, all from the same thing. My father-in-law brought up a good point though. Is "more government" the best way?

Did you know you could get Country Songs 4 Worship for $17.99? Oh but wait... if you call right now, you could get it for $9.99. But I guess no one else I know is up at this hour, so I'm the only one that could take advantage of this great offer.

What about a constitutional amendment defining marriage. I'm a big fan of the sanctity of marriage. I just don't know if we need our government to define it for us. I also don't know what to think about the government getting into social issues that don't effect other people (Marijuana, Gambling etc...). Yeah, there should be rules about murder and robbery, because they effect other people. But should we really mess with what people do to themselves? How do you choose which sins to make illegal? Should sloth be illegal? How about pride? What about Marijuana? I guess you could make the argument that things like gambling can lead to addiction and effect your family, but can't every sin effect your family in a negative way?

Funny Chrissy-ism of the day: We stopped at a gas station yesterday, and I asked if she wanted to go inside with me. Her response, in her saddest voice - "No, I'd have to button my pants". Don't know if its just funny because its now 3:30, or if its really funny. Also don't know if I'll get in trouble for sharing that.

No comments: