Friday, October 19, 2007

The Name Game

We're trying to pick out a name for Huckleberry.... Other than Huckleberry since Chrissy keeps saying "STOP CALLING HIM HUCKLEBERRY!!!". Anyways, we're looking for alternative names for Huckleberry, when we're not calling him Huckleberry. Any suggestions for Huckleberry's name?

These are the ones I liked, but Chrissy has already vetoed:

Boss, Jessie, Bo, Luke Enus, Cletus, Cooter, and Roscoe P. (somebody's not a Dukes of Hazzards fan).
Ace (I really like it, but one of Chrissy's best friends has a son named Ace, and she doesn't want to copy her friends. Ace-man would have been cool though)
Popeye
John Wayne
Chuck Norris
Jedi - The force will not be with him.
Rufus
Herman
Lester, Wakefield, Coco, Manny, Big Papi, Jacoby, Bruschi (somebody's not a New England/Red Sox fan)
For twins: Walker and Texas Ranger, Levi and Garrett, Smith and Wesson
Matilda for a girl

These are Chrissy's that I've vetoed:
Timothy, Titus, Steven (my male spawn will not sing showtoons).
Rebekah
Kaitlyn
Jeremiah

My Father-in-law Jack suggested Red Fox McLeod. I liked it, but Chrissy pulled her veto out. Then I suggested Lamont, but the veto card was pulled yet again.

Boy 1st names we've both agreed on as possibilities. My favorites in bold, her favorites in italics:
Ezekiel - Strength from God
John Owen - Protestant Reformer. We'd call him J. O., like my Grandfather.
Micah - Who is Like God?
Jack
Moses
Elijah
Brandon
Donovan (After the great basketball coach, Go Gators)
Silas- Means Man of the Forest
Levi
Eli - If he wasn't a Manning brother
Brady (After Touchdown Tom Brady)
Boaz - Means strength
Isaac

Boy middle names we've both agreed on:
Jedidiah
Baxley - My Mom's maiden name.
Beau -pronounced Bo. My Dad and his brothers always call each other Beau. I like it.
Yaz (After Yastremski) - although, I did adopt a puppy before Maggie named Yaz that died.
James
Drake - Chrissy's grandmother's maiden name.
Easton - like the baseball bat
Abram
Ezra
Boston

Girl names we've agreed on:
Katie
Sara Jane
Rachel
Elizabeth
Esther
Ruth
Allison - I'd call her Allie
Lucy - She'd have SOME SPLAININ TO DO
Reagan - After the President

2 comments:

Mark and Abbie's blog said...

Sorry about the Ace-Man. He is cool though!!! You can copy if you'd like, they'd be almost four years apart.

I like Finn since you keep calling him Huckleberry.

Silas is nice. Sarah Jane is nice too. Very Southern.

Jawan said...

I have a friend with three boys: Silas, Corrin, and Felix. They call them Si, Cor, and Lix for short. Seems Chad's determined it's gonna be a boy.....not too many girl names being thrown out there.